7 Best Diaper Rash Cream for Babies
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you. Please read my Disclosure for more info.
A diaper rash is uncomfortable, not to mention painful. All those red, inflamed skin on your baby’s buttocks can be uncomfortable for him. Beyond this obvious pain, depending on the severity of the rash infection, you also would be affected, seeing your child in such distress.
Over 50% of babies get diaper rashes at some point, so if your baby gets it, you shouldn’t beat yourself up or see yourself in a bad light.
What Causes Diaper Rash?
Depending on the type your baby comes down with, diaper rash could be caused by any of the following:
- Irritation from urine or stool.
- Allergy to certain foods.
- Skin sensitivity.
- Wearing a really tight diaper.
- An overgrowth of the yeast usually found in the digestive tract.
The Best Way to Treat Diaper Rash
Most cases of diaper rash infection do not require a visit to the pediatrician as they can be successfully treated at home. However, in almost all the cases, the rash would usually take a few days to clear completely.
Besides increasing the flow of air to your the baby’s buttocks and keeping it dry, one remedy guaranteed to bring not just soothing relief to your baby, but to also clear the rashes, is the use of a diaper rash cream.
Diaper rash creams work in these ways:
- Bring quick and soothing relief.
- Clear up the diaper rash
- Prevent further breakouts.
The diaper rash cream you go for should contain ingredients like zinc oxide, Aquaphor, and lanolin, all ingredients known to perform options ranging from soothing your baby’s inflamed skin to offering protection from further breakouts.
Here are seven best diaper rash cream for babies:
7 Top Diaper Rash Cream for Babies
Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment
Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment is specially designed with babies’ sensitive skin in mind. It is a multi-purpose ointment effective in bringing relief from diaper rash. It works to moisturize dry, cracked, or chapped skin and to also prevent chaffing.
- It is the No 1 pediatrician and dermatologist recommended diaper rash cream.
- It is fragrance-free, paraben-free, and preservative-free.
- Brings relief in as fast as six hours after application.
- Protects your baby’s skin from wetness when used with every diaper change.
- Also doubles as an eczema cure cream.
- Comes a little greasy to the touch.
2) Earth Mama Angel Bottom Baby
Earth Mama Angel Bottom Baby is another natural diaper rash cream that will soothe your baby’s buttocks in no time.
It comes free of petroleum by-products and is antibacterial and antifungal, making it a good choice if the rash was caused by bacteria.
- Comes parabens-free, with no artificial fragrance or phthalates.
- Contains calendula essential oil, known for its soothing and healing properties.
- Contains a light balm so your baby’s skin can breathe.
- Multi-purpose as it also doubles as a soothing balm for burns, bug bites, zits, and scrapes.
- Also protects against flare-ups.
- Can be used on a cloth diaper.
- Dermatologist tested and approved.
3) Desitin Rapid Relief
It goes to work by soothing the inflammation, giving your baby that craved relief.
This diaper rash cream for babies is trusted by moms all over, both old and new moms. Haven been around a long time, it has been clinically tested to be effective in the healing of baby diaper rashes within 12 hours.
- It is hypoallergenic, which is good news for your baby’s sensitive skin.
- It comes pediatrician and dermatologist tested.
- Goes beyond providing instant relief and healing to give that protective barrier against flare-ups.
- Seals out wetness.
- A little goes a long way to keep your baby’s skin moisturized.
- Multi-purpose and can be used against zits, adult rashes, and wrinkles.
4) Burt’s Bees Baby Bee Diaper Ointment
Yet another diaper rash cream for babies that comes with such glowing reviews is the Burt’s Bees Baby Bee Diaper Ointment.
With a balm that is breathable and stays on until the next diaper change, Burt’s Bee Baby Bee Diaper Ointment remains a favorite with moms.
- Hypoallergenic as it comes free of sodium laurel sulphate, parabens, and petrolatum.
- Contains natural ingredients, including almond oil, vitamin D, and protein that will nourish your baby’s skin.
- Brings very visible changes after just 12 hours of application.
- Can be used on a cloth diaper.
- Sometimes leaves a white residue that takes some time to wash off.
5) Weleda Sensitive Care
Weleda Sensitive Care is an all-natural diaper rash cream made for extra sensitive skin.
It is made with beeswax and white mallow flowers to soothe your baby’s irritated skin and promote healing.
- It is specially formulated for hypersensitive skin.
- It contains calendula which nourishes your baby’s skin as well as reduces inflammation.
- It is free of preservatives and fragrance.
- It protects against wetness and irritation.
- It is a multi-purpose cream and can be used in the treatment of pimples, acne, and other skin blemishes.
- It is a little more pricey than other brands.
6) Triple Paste
Triple Paste provides quick and lasting relief from the pain and discomfort your baby experiences. It works by sealing out moisture, keeping your baby’s skin dry.
- Hypoallergenic as it comes fragrance-free.
- Gentle on your baby’s skin.
- It has a long-lasting nourishing effect.
- Protects the skin from future breakouts.
- Recommended by pediatricians and dermatologists alike
- A bit more expensive than other brands.
- Could make the skin a little dry.
7) Boudreaux’s Butt Paste
Boudreaux’s Butt Paste is one diaper rash cream that has been in existence for over 40 years. Trusted by moms, this paste is easy to apply and goes to work on the itch and irritation immediately.
- Has a pleasant fragrance.
- Contains zinc oxide to soothe and nourish your baby’s buttocks.
- Free from preservatives, dyes, and parabens.
- Regular use prevents future diaper rash.
- Pediatrician recommended.
- Not as natural as other brands as it contains castor oil, mineral paraffin, white petroleum, and fragrance.
Tags: Best diaper rash cream for babies