This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you. Please read my Disclosure for more info.
5 Best Baby Carriers for 2021
Going out with your baby is something most moms will find themselves doing a lot of. And while this is one more opportunity to be closer to and bond with your baby, it can leave you a bit spent, not to mention having your arms ache from carrying your baby for so long, unless you use a baby carrier.
Baby carriers have been voted a favorite baby gear by a lot of parents and for good reasons too. Not only does this product come with an ease of use, but it also leaves your arms free so you can get other stuff done.
Beyond this, using a baby carrier fulfills the need for warmth and closeness of a baby. So it’s a win-win for everyone.
What to Look Out for When Deciding on a Baby Carrier
While most baby carriers are technically safe, some come with some extra perks to bring you added comfort.
You want to look out for these qualities in your baby carrier of choice:
- A baby carrier that offers multiple carrying positions.
- One that offers maximum comfort to your baby.
- One with a structure that distributes your baby’s weight evenly, removing that pressure from your shoulders and your back.
- A carrier that’s machine washable.
- A carrier with possibly extra features like sun protection and privacy for breastfeeding.
- One with possibly width setting so you can use one from when your baby is a newborn till she becomes a toddler.
- Cost; one that fits into your budget.
Here are Five Best Baby Carriers to Choose From
1) Ergo Baby 360 All-Position Baby Carrier with Lumbar Support
- The Ergo Baby 360 All-Position Baby Carrier is one baby carrier that’s made with baby’s and mom’s comfort in mind. With the 360 All-positions, it ensures a baby’s need for closeness, sleep (front inward), or exploration (front outward) can be met at each time.
The ergonomic design also ensures there are no cases of hip dysplasia, which is one of the risks of baby wearing.
- Can be used in all carry positions: inward, front outward, hip, or back.
- UPF baby hood protects your baby from the sun.
- Comes with privacy for breastfeeding.
- Offers padded lumbar back support and shoulder straps for mom.
- Machine washable fabric.
- Can’t be used for newborns (4 months and older only).
- No zippered pockets to store small items.
- Comes with a hood that may be too small to offer full privacy when breastfeeding.
2) LÍLLÉbaby Complete All Seasons Six-Position 360° Ergonomic Baby and Child Carrier
LÍLLÉbaby Complete All Seasons Six-Position 360° carrier takes care of not just yours and baby’s comfort but also a baby’s health in mind with its zip-down front panel which gives you the option to control baby’s temperature.
- Comes in six baby carry positions.
- Hood for sun protection.
- Can be used for newborns and babies up to 18 months.
- Comes with zippered pockets for quick storage of items.
- Seats can be narrowed for newborns without an infant insert.
- Dual adjustable straps make breastfeeding quick and easy.
- Comes with a temperature control panel.
- The straps are considered bulky by some users.
- The carrier needs to be taken out completely before a baby’s position can be changed.
3) Baby Tula Explore Baby Carrier
Baby Tula Explore Baby Carrier is comfort, great designs, and creativity wrapped in one.
With adorable prints that can be worn comfortably by both moms and dads alike and its adjustable comfortable straps, this carrier stands out.
- Multiple ergonomic baby carry positions.
- Can be used for newborns, babies, and up to early toddlers.
- Can be adjusted in three width settings
- Comes with a padded neck support pillow that can be adjusted.
- Made with a breathable, lightweight fabric.
- Padded shoulder straps offer neck and shoulder support.
- Padded waistband evenly distributes the baby’s weight.
- Padded leg openings keep baby comfortable.
- Switching from inward to outward facing and vice versa is pretty easy.
- Petite moms might find it doesn’t offer a perfect fit.
- A bit more pricey than other brands.
4) Boba Baby Carrier Classic 4GS – Backpack
The Boba Baby Carrier Classic 4GS is yet another carrier made with newborns in mind. Its adjustable feature makes it easy to use for a newborn without the need for an infant insert.
It also comes a few inches higher in length to give that extra support to a baby’s back.
- Front and back carry positions.
- Comes with a detachable infant insert for newborns and small babies of 7 – 15 lbs.
- Durable and machine washable fabric.
- Comes with multiple pockets for quick storage.
- Adjustable chest strap to give you that perfect fit.
- Additional adjustable side straps pull baby closer for quick breastfeeding.
- Carrier is a little bulky.
- Might be a little big for petite moms.
5) Boppy ComfyChic Hybrid Baby Carrier
This hybrid carrier offers the perfect balance between versatility and safety.
Its soft structured carrier offers the security and comfort of regular carriers, while its wrap draws a baby closer to give that added security.
- A hybrid design: offering all the sturdiness of a structured baby carrier and the versatility of a baby wrap.
- The wrap offers extra comfort to your baby.
-Padded head support for baby.
- Arm straps can be quickly adjusted.
- Easily adjustable to all waist sizes.
- Snuggle screen panel protects the baby from the sun and offers breastfeeding privacy.
- One’s with zippered storage pockets on the waistband.
- Straps are quite long and might require some help the first few times until you get the hang of it
- Wrap tends to sag a little with bigger, older babies.
- Comes a bit thick.
T: Best baby carrier, best baby carrier 2020