Information Systems Business Analyst needed in Canada by C.M. & SONS ELECTRICAL INC.
Researching and assessing current processes, technologies and systems in order to gain an understanding of the problems and challenges to be overcome. Creating data models, process diagrams and wireframes. … Liaising with developers and system architects to ensure the system is correctly implemented.
A business systems analyst, or systems analyst, oversees business systems—gathering and analyzing information or data, and determining where to make improvements. The duties of an analyst include working with management and end users to gain an understanding of how the computer system of the business works and how it could work better. They oversee how each new requirement or piece of functionality fits into the overall business process.
We are seeking an experienced business systems analyst to join our growing organization. In this position, you will analyze existing systems for improvement, recommend new system processes, and keep detailed reports of all structural and process changes. You must follow best practices and align with company goals while creating better procedures and solutions to increase performance and revenue.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate company systems and current processes
- Compile objectives for improving and streamlining company procedures
- Evaluate company performance, information, and formats
- Analyze company software and hardware uses and needs
- Track company systems progress and report on progress
- Develop procedures to improve existing systems
- Research and compare hardware and software needs to make recommendations for the company
- Advise on best practices
- Plan and implement supportive business solutions
- Document and create reports on systems effectiveness
- Recommend new system developments
- Analyze relevant data
- Translate data for presentation to other team members
- Enhance company business performance
- Create a guide to system updates
- Present key information to IT teams for improvements
- Estimate and establish costs of upgrades and improvements
- Address issues of existing systems
- Compile, write, and distribute system process specifications
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, or IT related field; master in business or related field preferred
- Two years of previous experience in business systems analyst
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel); programs including COBOL, C, etc.
- Able to analyze system records and translate data
- Excellent interpersonal skills and solid communication with all levels of management
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Location: Surrey, BC
- Salary: $4,480MONTH monthly for 160 hours per month
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
or equivalent experience
3 years to less than 5 years
- Specific Skills
- Design, develop and implement information systems business solutions
- Assess physical and technical security risks to data, software and hardware
- Programming Languages
- Microsoft Dynamics AX (x++)
- Model-View-Controller (MVC)
- Shell script
- Computer and Technology Knowledge
- Networking hardware
- Business intelligence
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding;
- Work Location Information
- Willing to relocate; Relocation costs not covered by employer;
- Personal Suitability
- Excellent oral communication; Organized;
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Newcomers to Canada
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
Here is what you must include when submitting your application: