Long Haul Truck Driver Needed At Darwesh Trucking Ltd, Canada – Apply Now
Long haul truck drivers drive truck and trailer combination vehicles over long distances to deliver products, livestock, or materials. They oversee freight loading, ensure that freight weight limits are not exceeded, and properly secure the freight to prevent damage. They are also required to coordinate deliveries with dispatchers.
Long Haul Truck Driver Responsibilities:
- Delivering freight over long distances across the country’s road networks.
- Planning routes efficiently and delivering freight on time.
- Performing prescribed truck inspections before departure to ensure good running order.
- Documenting the freight’s condition before departure and inventorizing loads.
- Securing the freight in place before departure and monitoring its safe distribution throughout the trip.
- Supervising the loading and unloading of freight, and obtaining the client’s signature on delivery.
- Performing service checks on tire pressure, oil, and fluid levels, as well as minor repairs, when required.
- Logging hours and distances driven, rest stop durations, as well as all fuel, repair, and toll expenses.
- Communicating any delays due to road conditions, accidents, or breakdowns to dispatchers.
- Complying with federal and state trucking rules and regulations, including mandatory rest periods and weight restrictions.
- 14575 59B Avenue, Surrey, BC, V3S 7B4
- Salary: $27.00 to $30.00HOUR hourly for 40 to 60 hours per week
- Terms of Employment: Permanent employment
- Day: Evening, Night, Weekend, Overtime, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Driver’s License (Class 1 or A); Air Brake (Z) Endorsement; AZ class license
- Specific Skills
- Perform preventive maintenance; Perform emergency roadside repairs; Pay and receive payments for goods; Perform brake adjustments; Load and unload goods; Drive lighter, special purpose trucks; Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials; Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy; Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment; Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes; Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption; Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
- Documentation Knowledge
- Accident or incident reports; Trip reports; Trans-border documentation; Maintenance and repair reports; Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip); Driver logbook; Bill of lading
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation; Willing to travel cross-border; Willing to travel overnight; Valid driver’s licence; Drive manual transmission vehicle; Willing to travel internationally
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Sitting; Large workload; Overtime required
- Work Location Information
- Various locations
- Type of Trucking and Equipment
- Tractor-trailer; Straight truck (4,600kg+ or 10,000lbs+ with 3+ axles); Refrigerated; Dry bulk
- Transportation/Travel Experience
- National; International; Provincial/territorial; Long-haul
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Reliability; Organized
- Long term benefits
- Other benefits
Long term benefits
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.